Senior Specialist, Endpoint and Monitoring Support
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
TSG Production Services ensures reliable service delivery through industry best practices as well as warrant a controlled, secure, and regulatory-compliant production environment with greater stability and resiliency.
We deliver enhanced flexibility, scalability, and responsiveness to support dynamic client demands with improved quality.
Production Services EndPoint Services Team provides centralized management and integration of EndPoint products working with multiple security and engineering teams to provide stable services for infrastructure and application health monitoring and security compliance. We work with multiple production services and application teams in a continuous improvement model with deep integration with the automation teams. The Role
We are seeking a Senior Specialist, Infrastructure Support (Endpoint and Monitoring Production Services)
to join our growing Endpoint and Monitoring Support Production Services team.
The Endpoint and Monitoring Support Production Services is a horizontal infrastructure team that provides support across all technology areas. Candidates will have opportunities to contribute, learn and support across infrastructure applications as well as core platforms such networks, cloud compute platforms, storage, middleware and databases.
Our Endpoint Production Service teams own some of the most critical responsibilities at BNY Mellon. We are responsible for the health/triage/remediation of security and monitoring clients in the TSG distributed environment that keep BNY Mellon running. To ensure these responsibilities are met, you will exhibit ownership, accountability, and an eagerness to learn.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about system reliability to influence and drive our Production Service mission. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of Symantec Endpoint Protection and Microsoft Defendor Service.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of Symantec Endpoint Protection and Microsoft Defendor Service (and other security products as needed)
- Triage/remediation of various security and monitoring agents via automation and manual intervention
- Responsible for daily incident management, responding to security incidents in a production environment
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents and improve health monitoring to detect potential issues proactive and minimize impact
- Identify and Manage special projects requiring thoughtful analysis and strategic thinking
- Collaborate with internal security and Production Services Team
- Be an escalation point for security agent and backend platform troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 8 - 10 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- 5 plus years' experience in a senior production services role in network security or administration
- System forensics/investigation skills, including analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, network connections, logs)
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms, operating systems, networking concepts, and debugging skills.
- 2 years with enterprise experience with Splunk
- 2 years with enterprise experience supporting Linux AND Windows servers AND Windows Desktop
- The ability to cross-functionally lead and manage the response to high priority, high visibility operational security issues
- Able to work in a 24x7x365 operations environment, as much work will be done after business hours and on weekends
- Strong Verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving
Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.