Senior Specialist, Product Management
Specialist, Product Management, Enterprise Innovation
Who we are
For over 237 years, the Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon is a leader in investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system. We manage over $45 trillion in assets under custody for the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates. We are one of the world's largest global asset managers, with $2.3 trillion in assets under management across a wide range of asset classes. We are also one of the largest wealth managers in the US, with $307 billion in assets under management for family offices and high net worth individuals. In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
What we are doing
Enterprise Innovation is at the forefront of BNY Mellon's digital transformation and offers the opportunity to work with senior leaders across the firm. Our team works across all BNY Mellon lines of business to address client priorities and regulatory concerns. As a result, candidates who join will work with a truly cross-functional team to re-imagine challenging business problems and build new solutions. Through this, candidates will gain tangible experience in new digital ways of working and problem solving and using data to drive decision making. Collectively, this will broaden your understanding of the firm and make you a stronger digitally capable candidate that will enable you serve as the next generation of BNY Mellon leadership.
The Innovation Center Network is part of Enterprise Innovation and serves as a springboard for innovation within the organization. At BNY Mellon Innovation centers, we focus on accelerating the firm's digital initiatives, testing and exploring ideas, transforming the way we work, and partnering with clients and the wider ecosystem to develop solutions that service our clients and shape the industry.
You are the right fit for this role if you:
• Thrive in an ever-changing market environment
• Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative, team-driven culture
• Agile and a cross functional environment where talent is valued over job title
• Have a hands-on approach to work and "can-do" attitude to start and finish idea execution
• Enjoy simplifying complex problems, tackling interesting and meaningful challenges
• Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and solutioning using new methodologies and/or technologies
• Excellent communicator, self-driven and entrepreneurial with a strong sense of ownership
Role Description and Responsibilities
• Work with strategic planning teams, industry leads, and go-to-market teams to prioritize innovation initiatives/areas, manage stakeholders, identify themes, validate ideas and build a vision
• Drive the testing and development of new products or services, from idea generation, design sprints, vision creation, prototype build, MVP, market testing and feature prioritization
• Conducts and drive experiments to test hypotheses around delivery, pricing, technology and market fit
• Help articulate the vision and Enterprise Innovation value proposition to internal and external teams and connect results to business priorities
• Coach internal product owners to leverage innovation best practices
• Evangelize, promote and provide education on innovation learnings and new services
• Minimum of five years of prior Product Management or Innovation experience preferably in professional services, digital services or artificial intelligence.
• Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
• In-depth and hands-on knowledge of the ideation and product development lifecycle
• Proven track record in fast moving agile environment, successful collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams across time zones
• Proficient in industry standard best practices around product such as Design Sprints, Lean Product and Agile
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, with ability to effectively engage stakeholders at all levels of responsibility and authority and understand key points and themes
• Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required..
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.