Senior Specialist, Program & Project Management
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon
BNY Mellon Risk and Compliance - Office of Regulatory Relations:
Risk and Compliance oversees risk services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Risk management ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved, while Compliance maintains processes compliant with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and ethics.
The Office of Regulatory Relations is responsible for developing and coordinating the company-wide strategy and approach to major regulatory supervisory matters. The function centrally manages BNY Mellon's relationships and interactions with supervisory regulators, partnering with all business and functions across the company.
Role description and opportunities:
Supports interactions with prudential regulatory agencies for a subset of a broader portfolio, under direction of a Regulatory Relationship Manager. Coordinates the end-to-end processes for regulatory exams, requests, and meetings through project management and oversees overall meeting logistics.
Provides direction and helps to drive change in support of firm's regulatory strategy.
Key responsibilities include the following:
This role will support U.S. regulatory interactions related to BNY Mellon's various businesses and functions:
- Manages and reports progress on project management activities related to regulatory exams, requests, and meetings
- Serves as a liaison between internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time and to specification
- Monitors project results for significant deviations
- Proactively identifies obstacles and recommends solutions
- Reports and escalates progress/issues to management, as needed
- Manages logistics related to internal prep and external regulatory meetings
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required
- 7-10 years of total work experience in Project Management preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred
- Excellent organizational and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry
- Previous experience interacting with financial regulatory agencies preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and within tight deadlines