Site Reliability Engineer > SRE > DevOps > Trade Support > Production Engineer / Global Quant Hedge Fund > New York OR Chicago > Best Money in Global Finance!!!
- $250,000 to no limit
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- NJF Search
- 18 Sep 17
We are looking for a Trading System Engineers, DevOps, Site Reliability OR Production Support Engineers to work for one of the World’s leading Quant Hedge Funds, to help expand their technical operations. The successful candidate will be working very closely with their traders and business team. The position will be responsible for the configuration management, support and assurance of their proprietary trading applications in multiple production silos. This position is expected to manage and coordinate with development, infrastructure and external vendor teams to provide superior performance and availability to each production application.
If you aspire to:
- Be a Front Office Trade Support Engineer in a global Market Making or Asset Management team and work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Researchers and traders.
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core-trading applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
- Configuration management of multiple production silos, covering multiple asset classes.
- The uptime, capacity, and performance among other aspects of day-to-day operations of trading systems.
- Working with development teams in regression testing functionality and stress testing application servers for capacity and performance.
- Contributing to the quality of service lines by participating in product development starting with the inception stage.
- Working on tactical tools development for the traders and business teams.
- Managing critical and direct communication lines with Traders, Business Managers, and Development Leads on all aspects of projects.
- Escalating hot issues pro-actively and ensuring all stakeholders are kept abreast of issues through resolution.
- Creating extensive documentation and procedures.
- Prior experience supporting traders, trading desks is preferable, but not essential. Candidates from Tech firms will also be of strong interest.
- Proven experience of application support and administration.
- Solid knowledge of Trading Systems Applications including OMS and FIX engines.
- Solid experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, Perl, Python, Sybase SQL, Shell Scripting.
- Proven problem solving experience, turning around with solutions in a demanding timeline.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment.
- Experience with software analysis, leading to bug-fixing, development, code enhancement is desirable.
- Experience with testing methodologies and test tools are desirable.
- Knowledge of market data systems and/or order entry.
An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related engineering or science curriculum.
If you’re the best, then the money on offer is the best. Our client pay the best money in Global finance and if you are an exceptional individual who is looking to make a step up in your career, then this is an opportunity you cannot miss!!!! Barry@njfsearch.com