Sr. Java Engineer - Core Engineering
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join the platform engineering team and lead Java strategy for firm. Platform Engineering's mission is to accelerate software delivery at PIMCO. How does Technology fit in with this?
We aim to deliver to our investment professionals accurate information, on time, every time that enable them to make decisions in an increasingly complex world.
We provide trade execution capabilities, research data, analytics calculations, concise reports across a diverse array of financial investments that enable us to invest wisely and explain concisely to our clients what risk/reward decisions are being made. What does Platform Engineering do?
We provide the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable high availability, operationally resilient and scalable applications to be built to enable our business to deliver value to our clients. Quite simply, we make it easier for other people to operate. As part of this team, you will join a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
What do you need to know?
- Own vision and lead delivery of Java components for firm
- Partner with stakeholders across technology
- Remove friction from development cycle
- Establish developer best practices across firm
- Create an open source culture
- If you want to be part of the engineering revolution at PIMCO we would love to talk to you!
You must know what developers need to do their job and want to make their lives easier. Financial services experience is a bonus. Above all, empathy and collaboration are required. You will be working, consulting, and helping many teams as an enabler with an opportunity to make a large impact. We are growing our new Tech Hub in Austin to create the next generation of engineering practices and applications to support our business partners into the next decades.
Position Requirements: Required Skills
- You need to know and love the Java language! Python, C#, TypeScript are useful skills too.
- We don't re-invent the wheel - we add value - so open source libraries are key to our productivity. But we need to make them simple to use at PIMCO - the more you know about how Spring or Ignite or Spark works the better we will value you.
- Gitlab and expertise in continuous integration and delivery techniques are a nice too.
- 8+ years of Java
- Used Spring and Apache libraries or any other large open source libraries.
- Experience building and using REST services.
- Unit testing
- Python, TypeScript, Angular 6+, C#
- Gitlab or Github style systems.
- SQL - yes we have lots of data!
- Financial Services experience is a bonus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office