Sr. Market Data Engineer
- $250K-$400k (Base + Bonus)
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IJC Associates, Inc
- 14 Feb 19
Our Client, a $3BIL+ Hedge Fund is seeking a Sr. Market Data Engineer with extensive C++ experience.
The candidate will automate data collection processes and help design/monitor production systems applying quantitative techniques to large-scale datasets. You will work with data feed handlers that connect to the exchanges.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative field and/or scientific discipline such as Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong experience in C++, Python
- 5-10 years exp in a similar role as a Market Data Engineer
- Design, research, test, code and deploy projects.
- Experience working with financial market data and quantitative analysis
- Experience with real-time feeds and tick market data (such as Reuters TRTH/Elektron), in depth understanding of market structures
- Experience in the Linux programming environment
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Self-starter and work well in fast paced environment
Job Responsibilities include:
- Automate data collection processes and help design/monitor production systems
- Applying quantitative techniques to large-scale datasets
- Work with data feed handlers that connect to the exchanges.
- Design and implement systems that track and manage data availability, access and usage.
- Work with trading/research departments in designing and implementing new data sets.