Sr. Specialist Developer
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- BNY Mellon
- 14 Nov 18
Sr. Specialist Developer
The job holder manages the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform distributed application systems. S/he analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems. S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation.
Primary job responsibilities shall include:
• Leads several junior and senior developers in development of client facing Wealth Management application
• Hands-on design and development in Java, Spring
• Participate in design, architect and build of scalable, distributed services and applications that integrate across different technologies
• Research into new, emerging and cutting edge
• Participation in Agile based software development model
• Full Stack Java Developer with Strong Service Oriented Architectures.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• At least 5 years of Java/J2EE experience.
• Restful Web services development experience.
• Good experience with oracle or any relational db experience
• Linux/Unix scripting experience
• Mule or an ESB experience is preferred.
• Good trouble shooting experience.
Have a good working understanding of project management and project development life cycle
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 8-10 years of experience in software development required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Private Wealth Mgmt Technology-HR13730
Requisition Number: 1817515