Sr. Specialist Info Sec Analyst- Software Engineer - Cyber Security
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is atop priority for both technology and the business. The members of theInformation Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity andknowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop anddeliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborateto respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats.Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from CyberOperations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, CyberIncident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics &Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network,Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO andhis leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that providefull scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellonenterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and ourboard of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be takento create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
BNY is seeking a Cybersecurityengineer to join our Cyber Technology SIEM Engineering team. This is a hands-ontechnical role where you will work on one of the largest SIEM implementationsin investment banking. The Cyber Technology team is a recently formed anddynamic team responsible for the foundational platform of security analytics toprotect critical assets at the bank.
As a Senior CyberSecurity engineer, you'll build the framework that powers our incidentresponses, metrics, and automation functions. You'll assist with SIEMintegration, content development and help our SMEs find value in their data.Given the scale, automation is key to build a resilient, performant, and secureplatform. Responsibilities
- End to end engineering - from log ingestion and collection to data visualization
- Ensure platform reliability that ingests terabytes of a variety of data per day
- Extract value from billions of events to measure and manage risk
- Mentor, coach, and provide guidance to junior team members
- Provide documentation and cross train colleagues on critical components required to operate the enterprise logging platform
- Review global standards for log aggregation, ingestion, deduplication, alert generation, and efficient queries
- Evaluate new technologies and new tools to accomplish our mission
- Research, install, and configure modular SIEM components
- Scripting integrations and solutions
- Responsible for the resiliency of a large 200+ node computing cluster
- Collaborate with other members of the information security group
Sr. Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience information technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in information security or related technology experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Demonstrable experience with SPL creation, Splunk knowledge object management, and development of Splunk dashboards, reports, and alerts
- Comfortable with querying/pulling large data sets with languages and techniques such as SQL, SPL, and API's
- Unix systems administration and CLI tools skillset
- Experience in large scale Linux environments; familiarity with various performance and system tools (e.g., strace, iostat, free, top, tcpdump , grep, awk, sed , etc...)
- Scripting and automation using Python/PowerShell/Perl/Bash
- SW configuration framework (e.g., ansible, chef, salt), and devops lifecycle tools (e.g., git, subversion, artifactory)
- Understanding of common hacker techniques and detection and methods
- Data analysis competency
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Information Security-HR11724 Requisition Number: