Sr. Specialist, Information Risk
- Information Risk - IC3 ensures internal controls related to information risk management are sound and effective and drives the implementation of new controls.
- Assigned business/business partner areas are typically medium to large in size and moderately complex.
- Incumbents demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of information risk management best practices and a thorough understanding of control and risk management concepts.
- Recognized as the information risk point of contact and subject matter expert within the assigned business/business partner areas.
- Assists more senior team members and management with governance, prioritization and execution of information risk programs within the business/business partner area.
- Contributes to the establishment of risk strategy for the business/business partner area and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Leverages risk control techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Contributes to the development and sustention of a risk-aware culture and mindset among employees, contractors and service providers.
- Addresses risk-awareness issues with contractors and temps to ensure they reach an appropriate level of awareness of security issues and their responsibilities.
- Enforces and communicates risk related policies, practices and guidelines.
- Leads or co-leads the execution and delivery of business information risk management initiatives specific to a business/business partner area.
- Contributes to reducing the likelihood of negative reputational and regulatory due to non-compliance with the Banks information risk management policies and standards, including local procedures specific to the assigned business/business partner areas.
- Begins to build strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Liaises with other business units, operations, technology, legal and compliance staff.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop and implement consensual decisions.
- As necessary, partners with business continuity coordinators to develop disaster test scenarios and methods for managing the resulting hypothetical issues. Supervises, motivates and guides more junior Information Risk roles.
- No direct reports.
- Provides technical advice/guidance to less experienced Information Risk roles as needed.
- Responsibilities are primarily limited to assignedbusiness/business partner areas. However, tasks may produce cross-regionalimpacts.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in information risk preferred.
- Experience in financial services is preferred.
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification preferred.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
IM Infrastructure-HR14826 Requisition Number: