Sr. Specialist, Production Services Application Support
Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. The team formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
The Architecture Level 1 Support team provides Level 1 support coverage for the Architecture & Data LOB. Role Description:
The ideal candidate has past experience in a production support role, is able to manage a crisis call independently, is comfortable working in a UNIX environment and in SQL, and preferably has some prior development experience.
The role is a great opportunity to be at the heart of root cause analysis and problem solving, the role will be a key input in highlighting our problem areas, and also being able to leverage the various monitoring tools we have like Appdynamics, Moogsoft, Prometheus + Grafana, and Splunk. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support Coverage for Production Incidents and Alerts
- Manage production incident + Crisis calls effectively and quickly
- Keep our MTTA (time to acknowledge) and MTTR (time to resolve) down
- Leverage the various monitoring tools we have to highlight recurring problem areas to allow for more permanent fixes to be implemented
Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert in one or more applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Leads root cause analysis and problem management for complex problems to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders. Lead production readiness reviews for new releases and validate the supportability of changes prior to introduction into production. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Performs periodic tests of disaster recovery processes. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. May review and execute Change Management scripts. Leads major incident management calls for resolution of high priority incidents. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial
- 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Prior Production Support experience including managing crisis calls
- Should be comfortable working in UNIX and with SQL
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Prior development scripting experience
- Experience with monitoring tools like Appdynamics, Splunk, Prometheus + Grafana, or Moogsoft
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: