Job Title Systems Administrator - Messaging and Collaboration Location New York Job Type Full Time Your role: Are you good at solving problems? Do you enjoy helping colleagues improve their ways of collaborating with exciting new tools and ideas?
We're looking for a Systems Administrator, within the End User Computing and Collaboration Division to:
- Administer and maintain collaboration/messaging systems within IT standards. Exchange, M365, Cisco Ironport etc.
- Responsible for resolving end user issues for collaboration/messaging Incidents and tickets
- Timely closure of incidents
- Find trends in Incidents/tickets to escalate to Subject Matter Experts.
- Act as technical resource to Service Desk for collaboration/messaging and provide ongoing training with creation of appropriate documentation
- Be a point of Contact for Service Desk during business hours for incident and change management.
- Function as an escalation point for technical issues from other IT service and application areas.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through feedback and end user engagement.
- Provide Ad hoc and planned training of systems to end users.
Your team You will be working in the Global Messaging and Collaboration Team in New York. The team currently has 10 engineers based across several location globally and you would be one of two new additions. Your expertise: You have
- a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with Exchange, Cisco Ironport, Microsoft 365
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledgeable in customer service and other IT software and products a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail orientated
- Possess good knowledge of Microsoft 365 and messaging systems
Flexible Working We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Your colleagues About us We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.