- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
TTS Global Head of Core Receivables Product
TTS Global Head of Core Receivables Product
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18069581
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Head of Core Receivables will report to the Global Head of Domestic Payments & Receivables. The person in the role will have a team of their own to help execute the strategy.
The role will require the holder to have a strong commercial and payment system user experience mindset as well as the ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with the global, regional and country product managers.
The key objectives of the role will be as follows:
• Set strategic vision with direct, regional and cross-functional team.
• Ensure ongoing product innovation and development meets strategic and financial objectives.
• Maintain, grow and monetize the global Receivables Network.
• Drive business development by identifying potential product partnerships with Fintechs to further enhance product proposition.
• Ensure effective cross regional communication to drive best practice sharing and accelerate product innovation and commercialization.
• Optimize products by leading re-engineering discussions and enable shift from cash and check to digital products.
• Drive customer segmentation and targeting to further penetrate Receivables.
• Maintain a strong expense management discipline.
• Speak at industry conferences and write thought leadership articles.
• Be viewed as a leader in the industry, internally and externally.
• Ensure complete alignment with Sales on new product initiatives, key deal execution and segmentation strategy.
• Understand the evolving market needs and develop Receivables centric solution to capture the growth.
• Identify gaps and prioritize development of solutions.
The role is incredibly multi-faceted and demands top class communications skills especially those of listening. It requires exceptional influencing skills, which in the most part will come from a maturity of approach and a thorough analysis and understanding of the issues being dealt with. It is a high profile role and the successful candidate will need to be able to perform under the spotlight and work effectively with all levels of management and functions.
This is a job for someone who is ambitious and determined to succeed but who has learned to temper this with an understanding of how to get the best out of others. The person will be enthusiastic, pro-active and focused on delivering to a high standard. This is a demanding and challenging role.
The person will have a strong Cash Management background and experience with clients and their requirements. The person will also need to have proven product management, financial and project management experience and excellent analytical skills.
They will be a self-starter with a great aptitude for juggling many diverse activities at once and prioritization whilst maintaining full ownership. Given the nature of the role, the person must have a genuine desire to change things for the better and to help the Domestic Payments & Receivables team perform a value added role within Global Payments & Receivables and Cash Management as a whole.
The function of the role will be to manage the portfolio of Receivables product globally across electronic, check and cash solutions. This will be done through a targeted growth strategy, risk and control management of product and through a strong product discipline.
Key responsibilities include:
• An appreciation of client needs and identifying viable solutions.
• Drive product strategy to ensure new and existing Citi products and solutions address the client requirements coming from both traditional and emerging client segments
• Define and drive the build of new capabilities using internal and/or external providers
• Product Commercialization.
- Partnering with relevant units to support and drive market management
- Identifying and addressing Client Trends through thought leadership material and product packages
- Extending share of wallet by better articulating our global value proposition
• Determining the pricing framework for applicable products.
• Putting in place an effective Operations and Service Model for applicable products.
• Risk, Control and Regulatory oversight of applicable products.
• Leveraging regional product teams and cross functional partners to ensure Citi's products are made available consistently across the network.
• Senior exposure - the role is highly visible and includes regular presentations to senior management.
• Global exposure - the candidate will interact with 90+ markets on a regular basis
• Deep knowledge of country, regional and global Cash Management infrastructures and key applications.
• Detailed understanding of Product Management Lifecycle.
• Understanding of business requirements of different Client segments.
• Understanding of key industry stakeholders.
• Appreciation of the diversity of regulations, market practices and behaviors around the globe.
• Exposure to global Client solutioning.
• Exposure to a global team structure, leveraging regional and cross functional partners.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in relevant transaction banking roles.
• Good understanding of clients Account Receivables and Treasury processes.
• Understand customer needs and ideally have a good working knowledge of Client behaviors in multiple geographies.
• Good knowledge of the risk dynamics.
• Good understanding of compliance risk management.
The following competencies are required for the position:
• Excellent, confident communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable engaging with colleagues and Clients at all hierarchical levels.
• Motivated, result-oriented approach to business with an appreciation for targets and deadlines.
• Strong inter-personal skills, able to advocate a position and win people and teams over.
• Able to recognize and manage conflict situations for the benefit of Citi and our Clients.
• Relevant Bachelor's degree
• Post graduate qualification/MBA would be ideal (Masters or relevant post graduate qualification)