Technical Operations Engineer
My client are one of the top 3 global multi-strategy quant hedge funds in the world. They have built up a very strong 27 year track record, manage around $50bn in AUM and have a global presence. They are most known for the top pedigree of quants, engineers and traders they employ from a wide range of academic backgrounds. Their culture is one of the best in the business, they have a very flat collaborative structure and promote personal skill development.
They are currently looking for a Technical Operations Engineer to join their Options trading team in New York. This is a very established and profitable team, and you will be providing support for their real-time trading system, managing and improving operational infrastructure and triaging front office technical issues.
- You'll have a broad role - working on software infrastructure development, maintenance, troubleshooting production issues, developing front office reports, communicating with counterparties, designing and documenting operational procedures
- You'll be communicating and coordinating with other IT groups around releases and upgrades
- You will be working heavily with quants, traders and developments and coordinating with remote support staff
- Bachelors/Masters/PHd in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar
- You will be comfortable working in a UNIX environment and will be proficient in UNIX shell/bash/perl scripting
- You will have a keen interest in debugging code, excellent communication skills, careful attention to detail, able to prioritise effectively
- You will be able to identify the source of a problem and pursue them to resolution
- Prior experience in a technical operations/devops/sit reliability engineer role is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of statistics and probability