UX Standards Writer
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Nov 18
UX Standards Writer
Bloomberg's UX and Documentation are responsible for transforming complex data and work processes into products and content indispensable to our users. We create and maintain standards and design patterns for our 3,000+ technologists to follow as they develop and deliver real-time data, news, and analytics to our global customers. Through collaboration with our technology and product teams, we are constantly pushing the boundaries of business, technology, and design.
What's the role?
Our UX Standards Writer owns the writing, maintenance, and production of UX design standards for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise Products. You will work as part of Bloomberg's Product Documentation and UX teams, collaborating to produce clear, organized, actionable rules and documentation for software and web design. You will interact with designers, programmers, and product owners at all levels of the company and drive the scope and direction of the UX standards and design documentation system.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute ideas to the design process and clarify rules and standards into clear, actionable guidelines for designer, programmer, and business audiences.
- Challenge, clarify, and explain design decisions to produce clear, organized, actionable rules and documentation.
- Work independently to ensure quality deliverables for UX while participating and contributing as part of a larger documentation team.
You need to have:
- 5+ years of technical or standards writing experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with experience writing for both a developer and end-user audience.
- Strong content architecture skills to produce useful, streamlined documentation.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new software applications; previous experience with technical documentation authoring tools, image creation applications, and wireframing tools is a strong plus.
- Flexibility and the skills to successfully navigate frequent change and ambiguity.
- Facility for acting quickly on decisions while maintaining attention to accuracy.
- Strong time management, organization, and self-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with variable timeliness.
- Demonstrated initiative to innovate solutions and to both challenge and encourage ideas.
We'd love to see:
- Experience in UX design, including information architecture, interaction design, or web design.
- Demonstrated experience testing work, concepts, and documentation with users and interviewing subject matter experts to gain the insight necessary to further content and concepts.
- Background in product development, including previous experience working closely with designers and programmers.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We would like to see writing samples for this position, so please submit 2-3 samples that reflect one or more of the following:
- Documentation of design standards
- Proficiency in describing and illustrating UI elements
- Strong procedural writing and explanation of concepts
- File organization optimized for ease of use
- Communication of policies and procedures
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status