- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Vice President - Corporate Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Vice President - Corporate Regulatory Reporting Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18055464
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Lead Analyst position is an integral member of the Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group. The Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group is a high profile function, providing financial information to the regulators including the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). The position will have a high level of visibility within the organization with opportunities to work directly on a regular basis with Management and will also interact very closely with other groups throughout Citi, including Controllers, SEC Reporting, Treasury, Risk, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning & Analysis, Mergers & Acquisition and Finance & Risk Systems Operations. The core responsibilities include preparation and analysis of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual Regulatory Reports for Citigroup and Citibank entities, FDICIA and SOX compliance. Other responsibilities include certain earnings release, 10Q/10K disclosures, preparation of Board of Directors and Senior Management Presentations and Analyst Packages, maintenance of the global Accounting Policy Manual, internal controls on Regulatory data integrity, data quality improvement projects as well as implementation of new reporting systems. This individual will have an opportunity to work with team members, consisting of MBAs and CPAs, who are engaged and supportive of one another and in an environment which promotes and sustains continuous development and growth.
• Lead review and preparation of regulatory reports. Lead in-depth analysis of variances, incorporating the understanding of accounting issues, economic events and their impact and present the financial results to Senior Management and US Regulatory Agencies.
• Keep abreast of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments. Apply solid knowledge of Finance/accounting concepts and principles to ensure accurate Regulatory Reporting filings. Review new regulatory reporting requirements and US GAAP accounting pronouncements, to determine the impact on the Regulatory Report filings. Continually monitor developments in the Federal Reserve Reporting Arena and assist the Citi Finance functions in implementing and meeting the reporting requirements.
• Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely and accurately using written and verbal communications with Senior Management, Regulatory Agencies and Internal/External Auditors as well as the investor community.
• Work and partner with various areas across Citi, including Controllers, SEC Reporting, Treasury, Risk, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Mergers & Acquisition to maintain high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings. Maintain effective working relationships.
• Drive process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen controls.
• Participate in data quality improvement projects to strengthen controls and improve report accuracy.
• Lead in Regulatory exams, internal audits and address external analysts questions. Maintain effective and professional relationships with regulators, internal and external auditors.
• Lead/participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Minimum 8+ years of accounting and financial analysis/reporting experience with exposure to Regulatory or SEC/GAAP financial statement analysis
• Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance
• CPA/MBA Preferred
• Technology savvy - Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
• Self motivated with ability to lead projects in a professional and challenging environment and deliver results against fast-paced deliverable deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently while remaining a team player. Willing to expend the necessary time, effort, and energy toward the fulfillment of tasks.
• Multitask, ability to manage multiple priorities under demanding time frames and respond effectively.
• Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
• Strong analytical, technical, organization skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and coaching skills. Ability to work with different levels of management.
• Ability to develop effective and productive working relationships with a wide range of groups across Citi as well as external auditors and regulators.
• Experience with Bank Holding Company Parent Company Financial Statements (FR Y-9LP) is a plus.