Vice President - Sustainable Product Innovation
Description About this role
ETFs continue to have significant growth opportunities ahead, with huge potential to convert new users, deepen use by existing users and develop entirely new uses and applications. iShares provides a range of products that span broad portfolio building blocks to more sophisticated investment strategies, and we are continually looking for new and innovative ways to give clients access to different types of investments and to help them construct efficient, transparent portfolios.
Sustainable is a top strategic priority for BlackRock and iShares and is one of the fastest-growing ETF categories. iShares currently has a range of Sustainable Investing ETFs in the U.S., with approximately $70 billion in assets under management. The Sustainable Investing platform includes broad ESG, Sustainable Thematic and Impact ETFs.
This role will primarily focus on the enhancement of existing sustainable products and research and development of new sustainable products. This role will partner closely with other members of the U.S. Product Innovation and Research team and partners across BlackRock Sustainable Investing, iShares Sustainable Strategy, Sustainable Research, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, Product and Portfolio Consulting, and Product Innovation partners in other regions. Key responsibilities include
Qualifications and experience
- Product research and development
- Work with the Head of U.S. iShares Sustainable Product Innovation to research and develop new Sustainable ETFs and evolve existing Sustainable product offerings in the US
- Lead the research of enhancing our existing suites and be up to speed with the latest market changes and index provider methodologies and data sets
- Develop new ETF construction methodologies and simulated portfolios. Conduct analysis on portfolio holdings, performance, characteristics, and comparison with competitor products to inform product design decisions
- Working with global product, product engineering, portfolio engineering, global markets, legal, and compliance teams, as well as 3rd party index providers
- Conduct industry research and monitor competitor funds and filings to support the evaluation, prioritization, and development of enhancements and new products
- Provide general support to broader product innovation initiatives
- New products education and commercialization
- Develop educational content on new product designs and enhancements, product framework, portfolio use cases, and competitive analysis
- Deliver deep product knowledge and technical expertise on new products and competitors across the organization, in meetings and presentations
- Work with distribution partners to commercialize our new sustainable launches and identify market opportunities for new products
- 3 - 5 years of relevant industry experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in financial markets in a relevant capacity (investments, research, trading, structuring, financial engineering, consulting)
- BA/BS required. Major in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, engineering or science a plus. CFA (or progress towards) a plus
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity. Experience with financial data analysis and portfolio construction a plus
- Interest in sustainable investing and ETFs. Experience with sustainable and climate investing concepts and datasets a plus
- Ability to work well across investment, client-facing, and product implementation teams and external partners (3rd party index providers, sell side researcher, industry experts)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and ESG data providers/research a plus. Ability to code in Python, Matlab or R a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.