Vice President, Product Strategy, Private Credit
Description About this role Position Overview:
The Global Credit Product Strategy team is responsible for representing our range of credit investment strategies to clients and internal partners. BlackRock's Global Credit is seeking to hire an experienced product strategist to support Private Credit, a strategic growth initiative for the firm. This product strategist will be responsible for driving business growth related to our alternative credit products, which includes custom solutions across private debt including middle market, opportunistic, stressed and distressed strategies. S/he will also be expected to be a commercial partner to key stakeholders and facilitate connectivity between clients / prospects, investment teams and distribution teams. The product strategist will be viewed as an expert in private credit, demonstrating an ability to understand and effectively communicate detailed investment content to clients, prospects and distribution teams. Responsibilities:
- Partner with credit investment team (portfolio managers, research, trading) and sales team to analyze the institutional and retail product platform and define opportunities for product development, both in adjacent product lines / geographies, new ventures and custom solutions
- Attend investment meetings with portfolio managers to stay abreast of investment themes, trades, views
- Create, develop and maintain materials including thought pieces to assist in building awareness both internally and externally of BlackRock's Alternative Credit capabilities, unique selling points, marketing of strategies, and providing performance updates
- Engage with internal constituents from across BlackRock to position and prioritize product suite
- Participate in internal evaluations of new investment strategies, and subsequent fund launches in close partnership with a variety of internal and external teams, including defining the market opportunity, development of term sheets, due diligence materials, understanding competitive landscape
- Coordinate with internal business teams (legal, business management, fund admin, operations, risk and portfolio analytics group) on new product development, custom solutions and other offerings
- Develop strong relationships with key institutional and retail clients; serve as initial point of contact and client facing strategist to address questions from the internal sales force; existing clients, and prospects
- Work with Investor Relations team(s) to help manage client reporting
- Assist those teams managing roadshows, marketing efforts, sales meetings and prospect lists, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from top undergraduate institution, with strong quantitative and qualitative skills; CFA/CAIA/MBA a plus
- Minimum 5+ years professional work experience in alternatives (private credit preferred)
- Experience in product development with a focus on commingled and single-investor private fund structures, including identifying, analyzing, and driving investment terms, legal and tax considerations, and investor and operational support models
- Investment and markets background, ideally with experience in credit, private equity-structured products.
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships with both internal and external clients swiftly and effectively.
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives across a range of stakeholders, including senior management and to articulate the rationale behind those goals.
- Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team building and management skills (for example, partnering with multiple distribution channels, marketing, product administration, legal and compliance).
- Leadership - ability to influence, inspire people, while also working in a collaborative team culture
- FINRA Series 7 or equivalent, 63 licenses (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.