Yardi/Business Analyst, Real Estate Operations
Yardi/Business Analyst, Real Estate Operations Job Background/context:
Business Analysis and Support Services (BASS) is a global team that operates in North America, Ireland, Poland and Germany. The team supports the different platforms and product lines within the Alternative Investment Services division. The main disciplines within the team are system support, project management and business analysis. The team supports Real Estate, Single manager, Private Equity and Fund of Funds. The team works with their counterparts across the globe in supporting the applications through troubleshooting user support issues, and testing enhancements for the systems and writing business requirements. Training is provided by WebEx's or by user experts visits.
Yardi is a real estate licensed platform for AIS. The Analyst/support role will form part of the overall project team which has a key role to help support the business. The role involves supporting the service delivery teams with day to day queries and enhancements to Yardi, assisting the service delivery team in new fund mandates, assisting in the creation of additional Yardi functionality and reports and supporting the sales team. Key Responsibilities:
- Subject Matter Expert on the Yardi system, understand how the system is configured and be the first point of contact to provide "technical" advice and support to accounting and investor services users, escalating complex issues to the Yardi technology team on behalf of service delivery team
- Support Fund Accountants with the setup and design of Accounting Automation rules and with use of various Accounting and General Ledger Consolidation Methods such as Full Consolidation, Equity Method / Pickup, Minority Interest, NCI, etc.
- Support Fund Accountants with the setup, automation and tracking of various Cash and Income transactions that impact Investor Ledger, Capital Balances and related Cash Flows
- Support Fund Accountants with the automation and reporting of Performance Returns including TWR, industry standard benchmarks such as NCREIF, IPD as well as ILPA / PERE reporting, etc.
- Troubleshoot YARDI operational issues prior to referring to vendor for resolution
- Assist in the preparation of Business Requirement Documents for systems enhancements and report enhancements/creation.
- Complete Quality Control testing for local user environment and be part of Quality Control global team.
- Assist in the coordination of production issues and enhancements
- Support the Client Servicing New business team. This will incorporate participation in project planning, assisting in the system set ups and user testing where applicable.
- Working with new and existing users to implement system developments and enhancements helping to deliver training to new and existing users on the new systems platform.
Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Knowledge/Experience:
Candidate should have business knowledge of real estate as an investment
, investment operations for property and fund administration
functions, fund accounting/review preferable, and a strong knowledge of controls and procedures.
Understanding of ownership structures and related processes and reporting of same.
Experience working on a Fund Accounting platform an advantage. Practical YARDI experience required in core YARDI functions: investment management (set up), reporting, and property management functions Skills:
Strong interpersonal skills
Critical thinking - ability to reason
Effective communication skills - able to adjust communication/presentation to the audience
Understanding of real estate operations
/related concepts and/ or strong Accounting background
Practical experience utilizing YARDI, (other real estate accounting platforms will be considered )
Understand testing processes and protocols
Ability to develop excellent working relationships with external Clients and internal departments.
Ability to work with minimal supervision Competencies:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to establish credibility at all levels
Excellent Client Servicing skills
Responsible for actions
Structured and organized
Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: