Internal Wholesaler, Long Term Care
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 22 Sep 17
Internal Wholesaler, Long Term Care
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Internal Wholesaler is responsible for developing and maintaining existing relationships as well as identifying and acquiring new business within their territory to meet sales goals for New York Life Insurance Products. The Internal Wholesaler is also responsible for providing insight and product knowledge via the sale desk channels while making proactive phone calls to financial partners to share sales ideas, provide product information, gather marketing data and offer sales support as well as identify new sales opportunities.
- Fielding of inbound calls from New York Life Agents in regards to life products and identifying selling opportunities.
- Make proactive sales calls on a daily basis with existing representatives to strengthen relationships and maximiza selling opportunities.
- Work closely with the Life Consultants to develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize territorial sales.
- Become a specialist in New York Life insurance products.
- Utilize New York Life databases to create and maintain representative profile levels and data on current and proposed sales activity.
- Assist in training of new associates.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Life and Health License required or must be obtained within 60 days.
- Prior insurance or investment sales experience required.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have strong relationship building skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented, well organized and self starter with high energy and creativity.
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail and multitask.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.