Project Manager- Senior Associate
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 23 Mär 19
Project Manager- Senior Associate
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Group Membership Association Division (GMAD) is looking for a Senior Associate level Project Manager to help build out our Project Management capabilities and drive execution of our technical and program enhancement initiatives that contribute to strategic goals. In this role, the Project Manager will work closely with stakeholders to support the planning and execution of projects in GMAD's current portfolio. The project manager will play a key role in fostering a productive team environment and coordinate project efforts. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required along with proficiency in MS office suite products (including MS Project, Visio and SharePoint).
- Develop executive level communication materials to drive the decision-making process among project sponsors and other senior executives within the company
- Own the development and ongoing maintenance of project plans and other project management documents, meeting with stakeholders and project delivery resources to gather requirements, resource needs, and provide input on solution design
- Establish and enforce project delivery governance processes, communications plans, and cadence, including collection of regular project status reports for management and key stakeholders
- Develop and utilize appropriate project management tools (e.g., software packages, MS Office tools & templates, Visio for workflows and SharePoint) and where applicable drive methodology definition and adoption of Agile delivery approaches
- Oversee task execution and dependencies keeping the "big picture" in mind during meetings and discussions, particularly if there are scope and/or resource adjustments.
- Manage the details of a project to ensure that all action items are accomplished timely and accurately within NYL standards while looking for opportunities to continuously improve project management processes and test new approaches
- Ensure that projects run smoothly on schedule, proactively identifying risk/issues and appropriately escalating concerns and potential solutions to impacted parties
- Participate actively in department process improvement initiatives, gather data, document and understand business process issues, bring cross-functional teams together to work collaboratively towards a sustainable solution
- Keep invested parties and stakeholders focused on key outcomes that contribute to achieving Group Memberships strategic goals
- Bachelor's degree
- PMP, Agile/Scrum master certification is not required, but desirable
- Experience; 3+ years managing mid-to-large scale projects (3-6 month in duration)
- Strong executive presence and experience with presenting to an audience of cross-functional stakeholders within the company
- Ability to establish priorities, confirm / communicate decisions, work on multiple assignments, and adhere to deadlines
- Innovative thinker who is self-motivated to complete projects and tasks on time while proactively looking for opportunities to continuously improve processes and share learnings
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and some autonomy
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.