Sr. Specialist, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR)/Interest Rates
Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Sr. Specialist, Control - Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR)/Interest Rates
to join our ICFR team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA - Hybrid Work Model.
The ICFR Control Team plays a pivotal role in supporting the revenue control framework for our largest revenue generating business at BNYM. Internal controls over financial reporting ("ICFR") must be sound and effective for the firm to be in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") requirements, and this team assists in the continual improvement of the risk and control framework. The candidate for this position will coordinate all aspects (end to end) associated with Interest Rate and Interest Rate Risk for the Company with aspects of the ICFR during the annual financial audit and work directly with the business product / risk owner and major points of contacts within the business lines.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Ensure internal controls over approval, documentation and set-up of client interest rates are sound and effective to ensure compliance with SOX and outside auditor expectations.
- You will be recognized throughout the organization as the ICFR point of contact for a particular business / business partner.
- Contribute to the development and sustention of Control & Compliance initiatives to evolve controls framework, risk management approaches and operation efficiency.
- Coordinate with other business units to assess control elements associated with new or potential projects. Collaborate with other stakeholders to develop and implement agreed upon decisions.
- Assist in analyzing technology and market trends to determine potential resulting risks to the organization and how to address risks across businesses.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years total work experience preferred;
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.