Full Stack Software Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's client facing technology is seeking a Full Stack Application developer responsible for building Cloud Native applications for diverse client-facing business partners. This includes everything from complex analytics on Client Investments, attributions as well as broader and direct data updates. Your main responsibility will be to design and develop applications. You will collaborate and lead with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A dedication to reciprocal problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is significant. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work with Technical lead, Product Manager and Designer to understand user needs and requirements.
- Conduct detailed analysis of the entity relationships to develop effective code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Integrate with geographically distributed team and be able to work together towards the success of the work you're doing.
- Report development and analysis in order to find defects and propose improvements.
- Bring a curious and inquisitive approach to solving complex business problems.
- Be able to perform root cause analysis
- Provides recommendations and plans for improvement
- Expertise using REST services (independent of the application platform)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL. Ability to define data flow and high level data design and data relationships.
- Working Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as SVN or Git.
- Have a good working knowledge of implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Thorough and detail oriented; take ownership for complete follow-through of work.
- Flexible teammate who cooperates with team members and adapts easily to changing priorities.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office