Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer IV Austin, TX/en-US/Q2/job/Austin-TX/Site-Reliability-Engineer-IV_REQ-3709/apply Job Description Q2 is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help Q2 deliver industry-leading uptime, top-notch performance and exceptional quality to over 10 million Online Banking users nationally. As a Site Reliability Engineer, youll be working on production systems that are utilized to deliver Q2s Online and Mobile banking solutions to banks and credit unions. When these systems fail, youll have the skills and decision-making capabilities to quickly restore services, investigate root-cause, and develop a plan that mitigates future failures. When youre not solving the worlds problems, youll spend time analyzing system performance and identifying ways to stabilize our environments. From developing deep Q2 application knowledge, performing configuration changes, working on monitoring systems, learning how to leverage automation to drive efficiencies, and troubleshooting critical infrastructure, your opportunities to make a significant impact at Q2 are endless.
Successful candidates will possess an innate desire to take on challenging problems and enjoy working cross-functionally with members of Support, IT, Development and Implementations. The desire to help Q2 be the best and deliver industry-leading solutions motivates you to solve complex problems while remaining cool under pressure.
While being passionate about what you do, you also have the ability to work quickly and move from task to task. You will allow Q2 to move fast by providing realtime feedback on the performance of production systems.
- Realtime support of critical service disruptions
- Collaborating across business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and thought leadership
- Working alongside our Incident Response Team, provide post mortem analysis of why services broke or became degraded
- Proactively analyze client environments and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Through the use of a wide breadth of tools, identify software bugs or misconfigurations and fix those issues
- Work across various departments while leveraging your diverse technical skills to educate others
- Recommends opportunities for process improvement and create process documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional verbal and written customer communications
- Facilitate the restoration of services
- Facilitate and support lessons learned reviews
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Knowledge of development languages such as Python, C#, and Node.js
- Knowledge of T-SQL and ability to write complex queries
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows Systems Administration
- Knowledge of ACH processing and formatting requirements
- Troubleshooting experience with Docker containers and other container orchestration technologies
- The ability to interpret HAR logs
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, or Python
- Foundational knowledge of VMWare or other virtualization solutions
- Understand how to read network packet captures
- General understanding of Content Delivery Networks
- Foundational understanding of networks and the 7 layers of the OSI model
- Experience working with ticket management and knowledgebase systems like Salesforce, JIRA,, and Confluence
- Self-driven and effective in communication
- Good Inter and Intrapersonal skills
- World-class problem-solving skills
At Q2 we believe in working hard and playing hard. Youll find this work to be rewarding with ample opportunities to make a meaningful, become part of an exceptional team, and contribute to Q2s amazing culture.
Posted 9 Days AgoFull timeREQ-3709
Q2 is a financial experience company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Driven by a mission to build stronger communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them, we empower banks, credit unions, and other financial services providers to be an ever-present companion on an account holders financial journey. Combining the leading features, integrations, and operations capabilities in the market with data-driven insights, open technology, and a unique problem-solving process to drive emotions and outcomes, Q2 helps our customers unlock new opportunities, grow faster, and improve efficiencies.
To build stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities. Were a growing team of high-performing self-starters who are passionate about creativity and exploration in every challenge.
To ensure that our nations financial institutions are equipped to provide for their communities financial needs, today and tomorrow.
To empower financial institutions to be the ever-present companion on their account holders financial journey. We do this by using data-driven insights, open technology, and unique problem-solving approaches to help FIs deliver exceptional experiences for their account holders.