Data Architecture - Lake Software Developer - Associate
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 15 Feb 19
Data Architecture - Lake Software Developer - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Our team, Data Architecture, is focused on the firm's data strategy. Data Architecture is comprised of 3 teams. Our recruiting process is aligned to find the right fit for you within these three areas of focus and we do want you to learn about each of them in order to align your interests with available roles. If you believe that you have a targeted interest, please do say so. Data Lake Engineers are responsible for the Firm's strategic repository for enterprise data. Technology teams across the Firm are clients, participating in providing and consuming data to & from the lake. Developers on the team create and manage the software that manages the data in the lake, ensure entitlements are enforced appropriately, data is milestoned, and is available for query on multiple target warehouse platforms. This platform enables structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets. Join us in Jersey City, Bengaluru, or Dallas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• All roles in Data Architecture offer the opportunity to work Directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
• Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient platform. Collaborate with core engineering consumers and the BU aligned development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations.
• You will collect requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests of your clients and adjacent technology platforms
• Your clients' background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers. Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
• The Data Lake is being adopted by technology teams across the Firm at a very high rate. As a result the platform is still growing and evolving. As a developer on the Data Lake team, you will work with the latest technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka to build complex distributed applications to handle large data sets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years of experience with Java with a good grasp of Java development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and testing best practices.
• Good understanding of distributed systems
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Linux, Networking protocols, security and file systems
• Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, can solve interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints
• Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• • Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment
• Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide an intuitive, seamless end user experience.
• Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues in a diverse global organization
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Data Lake Role:
• Experience with developing Workflow, Spark, MapReduce, Flink, Elasticsearch, and Sybase IQ.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.