Legal, Business Intelligence Group, Associate - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE GROUP
Provides research and due diligence focused on legal, regulatory, financial and reputational risk to the firm's businesses and committees worldwide. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND E PERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Conduct legal, regulatory and financial due diligence to assess reputational risk in a variety of transactions and business relationships
- Considerations include FCPA/anti-bribery compliance, environmental and social responsibility concerns, geo-political risk, financial irregularities, litigation risk, etc.
- Clients include revenue-generating departments across all divisions of the firm, as well as areas within the Federation
- Identify and evaluate risk-relevant information from sources, including but not limited to: online media, proprietary databases, regulatory lists, public filings, litigation records, research reports, various internet sources
- Review and analyze various independent reports on internal controls, quality of earnings, environmental impact, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Analyze financial statements and public filings to evaluate potential areas of concern
- Prepare summary and presentation materials for analysis by relevant business areas and firmwide committees
- Responsible for developing relevant industry/regional expertise and anticipating potential reputational risks
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel on issues which merit further due diligence
- Other special projects on an ad hoc basis
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 3-5 years of legal/regulatory, accounting, compliance or other financial experience
- Spanish language skills
- Latin America research and/or due diligence experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Risk assessment, preferably involving legal, regulatory and/or compliance issues
- Strong technical proficiency - experience in online research and databases preferred
- General experience dealing with the investment banking industry and knowledge of various types of investing and lending transactions
- Demonstrates a strong sense of intellectual curiosity and interest in current events
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and, at times, pressured environment
- CPA, CFA, CFE designations a plus, but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity