Principal/Associate Director Software Engineer
The Senior Developer will play a key role in the design, development, and testing of world class front-end business web applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Senior Developer will work on new features as well as assist the support of existing hosted products. In addition, the Senior Developer will assist with the optimization of the software applications in the cloud. Duties & accountabilities
- Gather and analyze business requirements and transform them into innovative web application solutions that effectively facilitate and enhance product delivery in an n-tier development environment
- Concentrate in hands-on development in the web application space utilizing software programming and user interface best practices and design patterns
- Be able to work directly, efficiently, and professionally in an Agile environment with other developers and team members including external clients, senior developers, systems administrators, and business users
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision if needed
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management
- Hands-on experience with project setup, schema creation, development of queries, documents and dashboard
- Ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control
- Strong problem solving skills. Must be able to invent creative solutions for complex problems
- Be able to integrate code with API's from outside applications.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.