Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments—Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association (“MSPBNA”) offers banking and credit products and services, including securities-based lending, mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit primarily to Morgan Stanley Wealth Management’s high net worth clients.
MSPBNA is seeking an experienced mortgage lending professional for the position of Home Lending Specialist.
Job Description/Position Responsibilities:
The Home Lending Specialist will provide comprehensive support and assist in high quality mortgage loan originations. Primary responsibilities include working directly with Senior Relationship Managers and third party vendors to collect, analyze, document, and submit complete loan files to underwriting for credit decisions. The Home Lending Specialist will be required to meet specific client deadlines, display strong pipeline management skills, and maintain comprehensive loan notes and roadmaps.
The individual will report to Vice President Home Loans Relationship Manager.
• Request, review and verify all loan processing documents such as income, credit, appraisal, and title insurance.
• Serve as primary point of contact for internal and external business partners for managing expectations and timelines in regards to lender side conditions, e.g. title, appraisal, HOI.
• Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans are being worked on in accordance with company's timeline expectations.
• Maintain constant communication with Senior Relationship Managers on status updates and/or changes to the loan, including written and verbal communication as needed.
• Prepare approved loans for closing process ensuring all aspects of the loan are accurate and documented for smooth transition to closing.
• Demonstrate ability and drive to work independently to creatively and proactively problem solve and execute at a high level
• Identify operational inefficiencies that arise as part of the team dynamic and suggesting process improvements
• Assist in the design and development of fulfillment operations, documenting procedures, testing, training and recruitment efforts
• Participate in initiatives to improve the client experience and assisting to improve overall FA/PB usage.
• 4 years of residential mortgage loan processing experience required.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Proven track record in quality loan production while maintaining a large client base.
• Proven ability to meet individual and organizational goals within a production environment.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage time, prioritize and plan accordingly in order to meet loan closing deadlines.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products suite.
• Must possess a superior customer service focus.