Cyber Security Engineer
Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect - Cyber Security (Work Remotely)
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting Cyber services presales efforts and some small amount of engagement execution across a variety of large commercial organizations. This individual should be a motivated self-starter and have a strong foundation and understanding in Information Technology and Security Architecture as well as be familiar with roles and security functions of large organizations.
This candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be willing to learn and execute on any client requests, and have the ability to interact with all levels of customer staff from the executive level down to highly technical analysts in structured and unstructured situations. The ideal candidate should be willing to work to help optimize application and network security portfolio offerings and deliverables for Capgemini customers.
This mission of Capgemini Center of Excellence (CoE) is to leverage established capability with a powerful cohesive and holistic cyber CoE to maximize Capgeminis Cyber growth trajectory and market capture in the US.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing sales engineering or solutions architect role.
- Prior experience working on a security Red Team or other technical security assessment team.
- Prior experience leading a successful penetration testing engagement for a large organization.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of DevSecOps practices and principles.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of network hardening best practices and principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of penetration testing assessments and vulnerability assessments to include network penetration testing, web application penetration testing, mobile device penetration testing.
- Foundational software development knowledge and including programing and automation frameworks.
- Understanding of application, system, and network security testing and hardening concepts and practices.
- Prior experience in presenting results to clientele leadership in person or remote.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and standards to include but not limited to the following; NIST 800-61, NIST Core Security Framework, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001/2, and ISO 27035, Financial Standards and Compliance, Cloud Security.
- Knowledge of Large Fortune 500 organizations security programs and their related functions to include the SOC function, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, security policy and procedure, security infrastructure management, network and host based defense, cyber security metrics, security engineering, etc.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment. Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
- Self-Starter with ability to spin up quickly on technologies, issues, topics, and advances in the cyber security field
- "Can do attitude willing to take on challenging opportunities and deliver with excellence for all customer projects and programs
- Minimum of 5 years working in the Information Technology/Information Security industry
- Experience with multiple Information Security domains: Cyber Intelligence Analysis, Threat Monitoring, Incident Response, Malware Analysis, Computer Forensics, Cyber Architecture, Endpoint Protection, Network Security, Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Platform Security, Identity & Access Management, Policy & Governance, Cloud Security, End User Education & Awareness, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning & Management, and Compliance & Risk Management
- Experience with cyber security processes, tools, and technologies and extensive knowledge of best practices regarding their implementation
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape to include Advanced Persistent Threats, Cyber Crime, Hacktivism; specifically, the tactics, techniques and procedures they apply to a cyber-threat attack.
- Knowledge and understanding of attack method types and their usage in targeted attacks such as phishing, malware implantation, perimeter vulnerabilities, application vulnerabilities, lateral movement, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of Kill Chain, Diamond Model of Intrusion, and similar frameworks and concepts.
- Cyber security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, GCFE, and/or Security+
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to successfully accomplish client-facing interactions
- Ability and willingness to travel 20%+, including potential travel outside of the US. Currently, travel frequency is significantly reduced due to COVID-19, but has the potential to eventually ramp back up as the US and global COVID-19 situation improves.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at . People matter, results count. Primary Location:
US-TX-Houston Work Locations: Job:
Sales Support Organization:
Capgemini Global Schedule: