Sales Development Representative
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit or join the conversation on , and .
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up, outbound cold calls, emails, and social networks. They are also responsible for gaining insight into customer needs and requirements to position our offering to validate fit, heighten interest, and schedule follow up with the appropriate businesses development and practice leadership team members.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19, you may encounter a longer job application, interview experience and/or a deferred offer of employment for this position.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and social networks.
- Gain insight into customer needs and requirements and seek to position our offering to (a) validate fit, (b) heighten interest, and (c) schedule next meeting with members of our business development and practice leadership team.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate team member for further development and closure
- Close sales and achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual quotas
- Play integral part in the development of inside sales function. This role offers opportunity for advancement in organization for the right individual based on demonstrated, on-the-job performance in the short-term, and functional acumen / ability to lead thereafter.
- As applicable, based on development of role:
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand database of prospects
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals, as applicable.
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day.
- Able to effectively engage prospective buyers to learn their needs, and capable of quickly establishing rapport without a prior relationship in place.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Fortitude of character – ability to work through the cycle of calls and conversations that, at volume and well-executed, lead to qualified prospects and subsequent sales meetings.
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to focus, prioritize and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability of developing process and structure in the development/growth of inside sales function a major plus.