Sr. Software Engineer-Python
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Located in Houston, you will work on prototyping new applications and models and either take them to production or partner with globally located software engineering teams to deliver the full product.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of the strategic global Banking technology core team who are responsible for accelerating the delivery of high impact projects to the business. You will be working directly with DIB partners to understand the problems, and then formulate, socialize and deliver solutions.
- Build a services/API architecture, leveraging private and/or public cloud.
- Always be thinking about the user experience
- Build tools that transform the client and user experience, productivity and business impact, with a particular focus on moving key capabilities out of excel and into fully supportable platforms that enable internal and client users to engage dynamically.
We need your expertise:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application and data designs, architecture principles and business processes
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Mindset to work with highly sensitive data and appropriate controls framework
- Strong knowledge of multi-threading and batch processing
- Knowledge of risk and PNL reporting is desirable.
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale web/desktop and mobile platforms which are systems of record. These applications & services should have been built leveraging some of the following technologies:
- Programming Languages - Python, Scala
- Database Servers - Oracle, SQL Server
- Big Data - Hadoop (Common, HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce), Hive, HBase, Impala, Spark (Streaming and Spark SQL), MongoDB, Cassandra
- Service Oriented Architecture - APIs, Messaging, Caching
- Domain Driven Design - Microservices and Bounded Contexts
- Cloud - understanding of public and private cloud
Interested? This is what you will have:
A commercial mindset to deliver short, medium and long term strategies to achieve sustained efficiency; an innovation mindset; focus on simplification; and help the team adopt SDLC automation/DevOps to maximize ROI of technology investments.
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, butalso change the world.