Technical Coach in Software Reliability
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As a senior leader in our Infrastructure Development Group, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative solution. You'll use your deep technical knowledge and industry experience in system design, application development, testing and operational knowledge to inspire and lead your team to develop high quality, large scale and secure products. You will be a servant leader who coaches your group to become a high performing team. You will promote a learning culture embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies that solves business problems.
We are looking to hire a self-motivated & passionate Technical Coach in Software Reliability. Your goal will be to increase the shipping speed of our software, while increasing our software quality, reliability, and security. You will leverage JPMorgan's extensive infrastructure and processes for accelerated development, while incepting and developing new specialized solutions for individualized team needs.
You will work with our Chief Development Office, Site Reliability Engineers, Infrastructure Development teams, Cybersecurity, and Risk and Controls teams in a highly matrixed, influencing model to drive technology change and push adoption.
You will work with infrastructure development teams, both individually and in groups, in providing coaching and training on the following:
- Design and development principles (SOLID, FIRST, GRASP, DRY, etc.)
- Professional software development behavior (pair programming, continuous integration, clean code, and refactoring)
- XP Practices and Behaviors - Offer training and customized hands-on demos and workshops on Pair programming, CI, collective code ownership
- Legacy Code Refactoring - Coach teams to safely refactor dirty code.
- Secure Coding practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Test automation practices
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 8 years of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong experience in software engineering, with focus on test automation and secure coding practices
- Profound insight of the internals of modern languages such as Java and Python, including design and performance characteristics
- Excellent knowledge of Relational and non-relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience with GIT/Stash, SVN and build tools Hudson/Jenkins
- Think creatively and solving problems simply, not always through technology
- Work with people of different skill sets in a cross-functional team, across locations
- Be a self-starter, driven and able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Build real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners
- Share knowledge and learning from others
Knowledge of Agile Development:
- Using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean or a related agile discipline/practice
- Focus on working with end users to deliver business value early
- Iterative and incremental delivery
- Emergent design and architecture
- Automated unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Continuous integration, continuous build and automated deployment
Expected soft skills:
- A personal enthusiasm for technology and a drive to implement innovative and novel solutions to business problems
- Self-motivation and tenacity to push new ideas and changes through
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both technical and business domains
- Experience in a management/lead capacity
- Sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Adapting to change and working through ambiguity
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.