UI Specialist-React Node.js
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Located in the heart of Houston City Centre, our center is one of strategic, pure technology hubs globally for Global Investment Banking Technology. Our opportunities offer chance to work on extremely challenging projects, using latest cutting edge technologies.
Be part of a growing hub:
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead ourteam of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions thatimprove the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics,development, coding, testing and application programming will help your teamraise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both businessand functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains willbe counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission criticalproblems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edgetechnologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best ofall, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our globalnetwork of technologists from around the world.
Located in Houston, you will work on prototyping new applications andmodels and either take them to production or partner with globally locatedsoftware engineering teams to deliver the full product.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of the strategic global Banking technology coreteam who are responsible for accelerating the delivery of high impact projectsto the business. You will be workingdirectly with DIB partners to understand the problems, and then formulate,socialize and deliver solutions.
- Build a services/API architecture, leveraging privateand/or public cloud.
- Always be thinking about the user experience
- Build tools that transform the client and userexperience, productivity and business impact, with a particular focus on movingkey capabilities out of excel and into fully supportable platforms that enableinternal and client users to engage dynamically.
We need your expertise:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of JS Web UI frameworks like React
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Mindset to work with highly sensitive data and appropriate controls framework
- Experience with web UI and frameworks like React is beneficial
- Knowledge of risk and PNL reporting is desirable.
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale web/desktop and mobile platforms which are systems of record. These applications & services should have been built leveraging some of the following technologies:
- Database Servers - Experience with Oracle or other RDMS
- Service Oriented Architecture - experience with designing APIs, Messaging, Caching
- Cloud - understanding of public and private cloud
Interested? This is what you will have:
Acommercial mindset to deliver short, medium and long term strategies to achievesustained efficiency; an innovation mindset; focus on simplification; and helpthe team adopt SDLC automation/DevOps to maximize ROI of technology investments.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10.8B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.