Capgemini is hiring Android Developers for long-term projects.
• Build and define the API contracts between applications and middleware systems
• Handle REST calls, JSON parsing and construction, UI implementation from specifications
• Troubleshoot HTTP traffic to / from device
• Troubleshoot an issue in an application given the requirements, stack traces, and source code
• Perform application analysis and derives suggestions for application improvement, performance management, and tech debt management
• Understand and use source code management tools and processes (EG: GIT)
• Hands on development of enterprise or consumer mobile apps
• 3-10 apps produced and involved in developing code as a project lead
• Mentored several developers along the delivery of applications
• Able to take an application from concept through app store publication
• Demonstrated skills in Android development
• Proficient in Java / Kotlin, use of Android development tooling (Android Studio)
• Understand popular patterns and their implementation
• Understand use of GRADLE and MAVEN in context of package management and application production
• Use of SWAGGER, RAML etc.
Charles Proxy, Postman, Fiddler, or other HTTP traffic diagnosis tools
Jira, Confluence or other like team management tools
GIT, Stash, Bitbucket, or like modern source code management tools
Nice to have:
• Experience with iOS application development and delivery
• Application in the public app store(s) and able to explain your role in the production of the application
• Demonstratable source code projects in a public source code repository (EG: Github, Bitbucket) and your interaction / contribution in projects (Forks, pull requests, builds, etc.)
• Active social media presence in the development communities (EG: Stack overflow, Twitter, Slack, etc.)
• Postings of articles of mobile application development domain knowledge in places like Wordpress, Medium, self-hosted websites, etc. demonstrating thought leadership in areas of mobile ecosystem.
• Team oriented project engagement style
• Great communication skills
• forever learning new skills and self-educating on new topics
• Strong analytic skills
• Desire to mentor and lift the whole team
• Servant leadership attitude
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.