Lead Business Engineer
Lead Business Rules Engineer TECH
Our Digital Engineering team in Plano, TX is looking for a Lead Business Rules Engineer that will be part of leading the most important digital transformation happening at Fannie Mae today. As a Lead Engineer
, you will be helping to shape some of our most critical applications into their target state while using modern tools such as IBM ODM, Java/J2EE, RESTful APIs, and leveraging AWS technologies for our transformation to the cloud. As a key member of the technical team, you will help define and build modern solutions impacting the multitrillion-dollar mortgage industry. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and elevate your career. THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM Education Level (Required)
- Expertise in developing and testing business rules applications to deliver business value quickly.
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e. g. Java, etc.).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
Level of Experience
- Bachelors degree or Equivalent
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- 8 10 years of related experience
- Experience as a technical lead for large projects and confidence to work with leaders across the organization
- You consider yourself a Business Rules Subject Matter Expert and have the ability to coach and mentor other engineers on best practices
- Extensive hands-on experience with commercial Business Rules Management Systems is required
- Experience with IBM Operational Decision Management (ODM) (v8.9 and higher) would be highly preferred
- Strong Java/J2EE, XML, Soap/REST, and GIT skills
- Experience in developing microservices
- Experience with Agile methodology and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally with the business and technical teams
- Strong understanding or experience with AWS
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Primary Location:
TX-Plano Work Locations: Job:
Information Management Organization:
Fannie Mae Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: