Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Auditor, Internal Audit Technology Job Locations US-TX-Westlake | US-TX-Austin | US-AZ-Phoenix Requisition ID 2019-45027 Posted Date 1 day ago(8/13/2019 10:09 AM) Category Finance & Accounting Position Type Full time
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to determine whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Internal Audit Senior - Technology Infrastructure is primarily responsible for audit activities over the firm’s information technology operations and cybersecurity program. This position has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What youre good at
- Support a team of internal professionals ensuring audit work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and the IAD policies and procedures.
- Liaise with first and second lines of defense to ensure on-going communication and coordination.
- Develop and execute audit tests of key information technology operations and cybersecurity activities.
- Work with audit team members to appropriately scope and execute testing focused on the most meaningful and relevant risks.
- Document and review key internal audit work papers, including planning and reporting documents, risk and control matrix, and audit leadsheets, to ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to senior management.
- Address issues during the internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, determining the best solutions, and implementing an action plan to solve the problem.
- Provide proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on all significant observations noted in the report.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to IAD senior management.
- Promote the increased use of data analytics techniques to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies.
What you have
- 3 to 5 years of information technology audit experience. Financial services and/or Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience performing internal audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge and experience in control theory and professional auditing practices.
- Professional certification (CISA, CISSP, CIA or equivalent) preferred.
- Understanding of business technologies and its impact to control practices.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Leverages relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Ability to travel - up to 20%.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Why Schwab?
At Schwab, Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. Were a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees:
: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law.
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
Software Powered by iCIMS