Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Network Automation
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Network Engineering Software team is responsible for developing and integrating software products for automating all aspects of networking and network security infrastructure. The team is developing a firewall policy and ACL (Access Control List) provisioning and management automation solutions by using network topology and security policy information. The team also integrates vendor solutions such as Cisco NSO (Network Services Orchestrator) to manage provisioning, configuration, and life cycle of network devices. As well as Forward Networks to discoverer the topology of the firm's network, and integrate the topology into network automating, testing, and troubleshooting tool.
We expect the successful candidate to be intimately familiar with Java and its framework/methodologies and to have a proven track record leading the delivery of Java platforms.
We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Seasoned, hands-on, senior software engineer to join our team of software and network platform engineers
• Provide technical oversight, mentorship, and management to developers, and execute on network software automation and network device lifecycle management projects. You'll work with RESTful web services, distributed database technologies, and network devices like firewalls and routers to build cutting automation software
• Ensure that all platforms are built in accordance with the Firm's SDLC (software development life cycle) practices and tooling, and in accordance with industry-standard design practices such as RESTful web services. Account for the resiliency, scalability, and high throughput of platforms by using Open Source technologies such as ElasticSearch, Apache Kafka, and MongoDB.
• Ensure that all platforms take into account the Firm's Cloud Computing strategy, and are able to interact with external Cloud providers such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) and GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
• Integrate vendor solutions such as Cisco NSO (Network Services Orchestrator) to manage the provisioning, configuration, and life cycle of network devices. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of experience leading development in large and complex software platforms
• Previous experience with RESTful web services and should be comfortable with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing high-quality, easily testable code
• Proven work experience in Java development, and experience with test frameworks like JUnit and Mockito
• Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
• Must be a hands-on software engineer, comfortable multi-tasking, and able to work independently
• Experience with running and troubleshooting software on the UNIX platform Preferred Qualifications
• Basic understanding of networking fundamentals
• Basic understanding of cyber security practices, including firewalls, WAFs and proxies
• Hands-on experience with containers and Kubernetes
• Hands-on experience with NodeJS
• Hands-on experience with Python
• Experience with database technologies such as MongoDB
• Experience with search engines such as ElasticSearch
• Experience with messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.