Business Systems Analyst
JobDescription : The Impact:
The Business Analyst III role is a vital leadership role in our technology organization. The BA III is a leader on the team as a Scrummaster with technical expertise conducting data and requirements analysis. These combined skills and leadership keep our development projects running smoothly to completion. The Career Opportunity:
You will work directly with our customers to deliver high quality software solutions.
Work with and guide our Product Owners to fill in technical gaps in requirements
Provide technical leadership to deliver solutions.
Support our customers post release.
Promote a team culture and environment. The Team / the Business:
We are the premier provider of breaking news, financial data and expert analysis on business sectors critical to the global economy. As we continue to expand our coverage - not only in the US, but Europe and Asia as well - and enhance our products and solutions, it is increasingly important to complement our world-class services with a world class organization of people. Job Responsibilities:
Experience and proficiency with a variety of technologies and methodologies:
- Lead technical delivery on team(s) and projects using agile methods on software development projects.
- Document and manage deliverable milestones and risks; communicating out and up to stakeholders with focus on continuous improvement
- Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders to prioritize and deliver work that brings highest value and quality.
- Participate in the scoping of proposed enhancements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Business Analysts to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications
- Works to mitigate risk while managing tasks, resources, and changes
- Oversees or works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, troubleshooting, and end-to-end user support needs
About S&P Global
- 1-5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst or Scrum Master in a technical, data driven environment
- Hands on experience working in a team using agile frameworks. Scrum preferred.
- Experience leading scrum teams preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver projects from start to finish, working collaboratively with business and technical stakeholders
- Self-starter that can think critically and is proactive in removing impediments to keep the team moving towards their sprint goals
- An active listener with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analysis skills that include basic data base analysis, understanding table structures, and creating/executing queries in SQL
- Thought leader and embrace continuous learning
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, buy-in and support across functions and at all levels)
- Experience working in financial services industry or with counterparty risk a plus
- Scrummaster and/or SQL certifications nice to have
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.