Data Architect I
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 16 Jan 19
Data Architect I
The Role: Data Architect I
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA
The Team: Our Data Architecture team specifies data structures based on the concepts, relationships, taxonomies or classifications that reflect reality. Every day you will work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, disciplines and geographies, and diverse data sets and metadata-driven capabilities.
The Impact: As a Data Architect you will have the ability to utilize your technical knowledge and skills to help craft the data structures for new and extant products and services.
What's in it for you:
• This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
• We provide considerable training so you can become comfortable with our proprietary information systems.
• You will collaborate with Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Content Analyst and DBAs to design solutions based on industry standard methodologies, and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges.
• Specify appropriate data structures for various software development projects. Manage metadata in the Data Management System (DMS), the enterprise's metadata repository.
• Coordinate with data platform team on the implementation of data structures.
• Assist with database-level performance analysis and troubleshooting.
• Deliver training, technical support, and functional support.
• Ensure database design and metadata conforms to data management and enterprise standards.
• Ensure uniform implementation across platforms and applications.
• Remain current in software-development and database technology through self-study, programming books, online journals, newsgroups, trade magazines and offsite training.
What We're Looking For:
• Strong conceptual understanding of relational database concepts and modeling.
• Strong Project Management skills, e.g., written and verbal communication, organization, requirements elicitation and consensus-building.
• Strong detail-orientation.
• Basic understanding of programming concepts.
• Basic understanding of financial concepts preferred.
• Knowledge of the development platforms.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of S&P Global Market Intelligence database and corporate structure, systems, products, and services preferred.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.