Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Charlottesville, Richmond, Virtual (US) The Team:
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled software engineer for S&P Global Market Intelligence. This developer would help us to accelerate our Energy Transition work. The Impact:
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be part of development team that manages and supports the internal applications that is supporting Energy Dataset. This role expects a candidate to handle any data processing, big data application development. What's in it for you:
It's a fast-paced agile environment that deals with huge volumes of data, so you'll have an opportunity to sharpen your data skills and work on emerging technology stack. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Design, and implement software components for content systems.
- Perform analysis and articulate solutions.
- Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end-users.
- Develop project plans with task breakdowns and estimates.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Strong C# and SQL skills
- Able to demonstrate strong OOP skills
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP)
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, NiFi
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development
- Good experience with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform, stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results-oriented
About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with Cassandra, Dynamo DB, or Postgres
- Experience with large-scale messaging systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ or commercial systems.
- Experience in SnowFlake, Databricks
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
263490 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States