Data Architect II, Core Data Architecture
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Data Architect II, Core Data Architecture The Grade:
10 (internal purpose only) The Location:
Canada (Toronto; Virtual AB/ BC/ NS/ ON/ QC/ SK) or USA (Charlottesville VA; Richmond VA; Virtual) The Team:
Core Data Architecture is a small and diverse team, delivering new functional capabilities to our proprietary managed metadata platform, the Data Management System. We value diverse skillsets, delivering architectural, engineering, and persistence administration expertise in support of driving business value. Through the relentless pursuit of automation and abstraction, we deliver new operational flexibility across our metadata-enabled ecosystem of applications. The Impact:
We are looking for an individual that can help implement our vision for the future-state of our enterprise data architecture that supports our visionary technology strategy. You will be working with a dedicated team responsible for refining that vision and extending our proprietary Data Management System, leveraging metadata management to represent configuration, schema, and logical abstraction of data and functionality. In collaboration with senior architects, you will contribute to modernizing, maintaining, and evolving the reference architecture state through collaboration with cross-functional teams across the business. What's in it for you:
- Leverage and grow cross-functional capabilities across a variety of relational and non-relational persistence stores.
- Contribute to the modernization of platform tooling through a combination of ASP.NET Core (C#), React + TypeScript, and service-oriented development in a Cloud-based, Kubernetes-hosted environment.
- Work closely with senior technology teams towards delivering best-in-class functional support within our enterprise data platform.
What We're Looking For:
- Be autonomous, self-driven, and capable of both navigating and leading through ambiguity.
- Articulating complex topics to the layman (understanding your audience, speaking to be understood).
- Pursue business value with an automation-first approach to problem-solving.
- Develop scalable, resilient, highly-available services
- Understanding, appreciation, and proliferation of both machine-readable standards and master-data-management (MDM).
- Ability to implement functional database systems and components.
- Ability to consider appropriate solutions, and to effectively decide between alternative solutions, leveraging intermediate-to-advanced database concepts.
- Strong project management skills (estimation, identifying risks or bottlenecks to appropriate parties, communication with teams and stakeholders as appropriate).
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects, effectively providing and maintaining timelines when needed (especially extra-departmental).
- Experience with Agile/SAFe processes and service-oriented architectures.
- Robust experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- 1+ years of hands-on enterprise data architecture experience, or demonstrated equivalent experience solving complex data management problems.
- Some experience with non-MSSQL relational or non-relational persistence stores (e.g., PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch).
- Some experience with ASP.NET Core (C#) WebApi development.
- Some experience with React + TypeScript frontend development.
- Some experience with application containerization and Kubernetes deployment.
(US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 - $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires. S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265271 Posted On:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada