Azure Data Architect
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. *Please note, this role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future* Location
Madison WI– Work will be Remote to start and flexible post COVID Practice - AIA - Artificial Intelligence and Analytics
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining the solution architecture for Azure Data Lake / Data warehouse implementation
- Provide high-level integrated designs for Data ingestion, integration, BI & Analytics consumption
- Good Understanding Azure component of data components (ADLS, ADF, Databricks, SQLDB, Synapse, Azure DevOps, PowerBI)
- Must be able to provide platform solution/guidance about various cloud services, database technologies and pipeline structures of Ingestion to consumption layers.
- Classify data according to its sensitivity and define access control
- Define standards, policies and best practices to store and organize data into data lake
- 10 + years of IT experience with 3+ years of experience working on Azure data ecosystem, Databricks, Azure Data Factory and other Azure data solutions ecosystems
- Experience in architecting Azure Data lake
- Experience on creating the frameworks towards ingestion, building the data pipelines
- Experience working with Azure Databricks, Pyton, Scala, Spark implementing complex data solutions
- Should have architected traditional EDW platforms and BigData (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce)
- Azure Fundamentals Certification (AZ-900) and Azure Data Solution (DP-200 & DP-201) (Preferred).
- Experience work with structured and unstructured data is must