See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own. Institutional Securities Technology (IST) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets.
We are seeking a strong technologist to join the pricing team within Fixed Income. Our team focuses on building systems for the generation of prices for both Bonds and Interest Rate Swaps, as well as the infrastructure components to support them. Our team develops software in C++ that runs in a Linux server-side environment, and as such expert skills in both of these areas are paramount. Primary Responsibilities
- Continue to build out and support core infrastructure components. These are used throughout fixed income for moving large quantities of data between internal systems, loading referential data, authenticating user requests, etc
- Work with desk strategists and traders to gather requirements and work together to develop new pricing models. This includes both writing new model code into the engine as well and configuring new model configurations/algorithms.
- Project planning, execution and delivery of solutions into production environment. Qualifications: Skills Required
- Strong proficiency in C++ (11/14) using STL & Boost in a Linux server-side environment.
- Development experience in object-oriented programming and working with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Strong pragmatic problem-solving skills, result-oriented, and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel in a global team structure.
- Mentor junior members of staff; build an inclusive environment. Skills Desired
- High performance, low-latency programming.
- Experience/strong interest in the finance industry, and fixed income analytics.
- Exposure to Python scripting a bonus.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.