Developer - C++
- Budapest, Ungarn Budapest Budapest HU
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Exchange Connectivity development team develops and maintains applications that provide access to exchanges, brokers, SI’s and other liquidity sources for trading in securitized instruments.
The team offers unbeatable value for global market, cross-asset coverage and focuses on developing highly robust systems that can process large quantities of orders with very low latency.
Our team is the main point of contact when the firm requires access to trading venues, and as such we regularly liaise with multiple business units and technical teams to ensure that projects run to completion and within stipulated timescales
- You will be responsible for developing order routers as part of a global development team
- You will be fully involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements to deployment and subsequent support
- Development may be for new markets, or mandatory exchange driven upgrades
- Enhance existing systems to meet new requirements and applying break-fixes to software as required
- Design/develop products to add value to the services the team provides
- Perform exchange certification, regression testing, configure and deploy applications (some weekend work required)
- You may also be required to serve as L3 support
- Internal systems use FIX. Our goal is to provide a consistent interface to all of the firm’s applications when they use our routers to hit the market. The routers take care of translating FIX messages to the exchange protocol, hence understanding the business requirements and being able to juggle multiple projects that involve talking to various technical team is key
- A good understanding of C++ Development
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- We would ideally like for you to have worked on distributed applications, in a service based architecture
- You should be able demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles, design patterns and threading techniques
- Experience working in low latency/high performance systems
- Exchange knowledge would be beneficial
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.