End-User Technology – Reporting & Process Improvement - Operations
- Budapest, Ungarn
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Okt 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EUT Operations Reporting & Process Improvement team is a service/production-oriented team that oversees, retrieves, stores, and provides operational, vulnerability and IT Service Management data for end-user computing including the Firm’s Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Messaging, Collaboration and Mobile platforms. The resulting information is used for decisions throughout the Service Management lifecycles by many customers within and outside of the Firm’s Technology division.
We are looking for a new team member to aid with managing our production environment and tools but also work with customers, along with contributing with developers to design, data quality and report requirements.
Our team is nimble in that we provide short-term responses as well as build long-term projects using traditional release methods as well as Agile styles. We work both formally to Firm standards but also informally with customers depending on the needs and requirements.
- Monitor, investigate, repair/escalate production issues related to data movement and quality
- Communicate status of issues to team
- Execute runbooks upon determination of action required
- Contribute and implement where possible continuous improvements of runbooks
- Aid and enforce documentation standards
- Contribute to, enhance, automate and simplify components of our work including report design, improvement, teamwork methods
- Grow and learn with skills and research new capabilities and technologies
- Good communication skills and style for interaction with customers and documentations
- Familiar with dev/QA/production model
- Experience as developer or operations for Microsoft SQL Server including data tools for business intelligence (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS Tabular) versions 2005 or later
- Comfortable with T-SQL code and reverse-engineering
- Experience in the identification of data quality issues
- Familiar with delivery methods with analysis and reporting products (QlikView, Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS)
- Microsoft Office (Excel / PowerPoint) skills
- At least one of R, PowerQuery, Python, C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell, VBA, Splunk
- Worked remotely or with global teammates, customers
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows in an enterprise environment
- ITIL v3 or later Foundation certification
- Non-relational DB such as MongoDB, NoSQL, etc.
- Splunk certification or training
- Current Microsoft certifications in SQL Server (on-premise)
- Microsoft SCCM
- Vulnerability (CVE, etc.)
- DevOps / Agile exposure
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.