Head of AML
We are seeking an experienced financial crime professional to serve as Head of AML of our new Budapest affiliate, reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer and MLRO.
This officer will be responsible for overseeing our new Budapest affiliates' AML program, including helping to establish KYC and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) requirements, Training, Policies and Procedures, AML Surveillance, Investigations and a process for filing suspicious activity reports. Your Responsibilities:
- Setting appropriate KYC standards and carrying out QA over the activities of the New Accounts team
- Oversight and execution of the periodic EDD reviews on higher risk clients
- Oversee the firm's sanctions and bad actor screening procedures
- Draft and implement firm policies and written supervisory procedures related to AML issues, and update them as necessary to reflect changes in applicable laws
- Assist in responding to regulatory or enforcement inquiries regarding AML policies or issues
- Maintain and update the firm's AML and KYC compliance training programs
- Evaluate new business lines for potential AML risks
- Help craft written instructions for programmers and technology staff to comply with applicable AML guidelines and rules
- Develop and implement remedial action plans in response to internal and external audit findings
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years' experience in AML compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with a European customer base or an EU regulator
- A Bachelor's degree in law, business, finance, or accounting preferred
- Good knowledge of 4 th and 5 th Money Laundering Directive, EU sanction regimes and, preferably, the regulations of the MNB
- Experience with open source intelligence gathering, payment systems, and money laundering red flags, particularly in the capital markets
- Strong analytical skills, able to manipulate data, produce MI, and prepare reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of comfort with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems
- Management or supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info