Head of Trade Surveillance
We are looking for a Head of Trade Surveillance for our new entity based in Budapest.
This officer will be responsible for oversight of our new Budapest affiliates' surveillance of the firm's customer trading activity to identify potential breaches of market conduct rules (i.e., the MAR and related ESMA regulations), exchange rules or market-related financial crime.
The Head of Trade Surveillance will work closely with counterparts in our London and Luxembourg offices to manage a pool of analysts responsible for reviewing activity by Interactive Brokers customers on European markets.
You will be part of a team that is building one of the world's strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate growth. Your Responsibilities:
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- Manage a small team responsible for the firm's trade surveillance efforts
- Communicating, and working closely, with regional and global surveillance partners to ensure a seamless disposition of alerts that impact multiple markets and operating entities
- Oversee the preparation and submission of suspicious trading activity reports to competent local authorities, as appropriate
- Assist the firm's Head of Compliance in responding to regulatory or exchange or enforcement inquiries regarding surveillance policies or trading issues
- Help craft written instructions for programmers and technology staff to comply with applicable trade surveillance guidelines and rules
- Draft, update and implement firm policies and written supervisory procedures; and
- Keep up to date with changes in market conduct regulations and other relevant areas of law and regulations
- At least 3-5 years' experience in trade surveillance, preferably at a large broker or other EU financial institution or regulator
- Solid knowledge of EU market conduct rules, market regulations and market structure
- High degree of comfort with computers and technology, an and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems
- Solid academic background: a bachelor's degree in technology or business is preferred
- Aptitude and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage a team in handling a challenging workflow and prepare and deliver management reporting
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info