Product Strategy Analyst
Description About this role Budapest
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and innovation hub, where we are shaping our culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is to create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest enables this through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement of a young office with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond. About Product Strategy
Product Strategists are integral members of our investment teams and play a central role in offering clients superior service and connectivity to the investment processes. In addition to serving as subject matter experts on specific asset classes and investment strategies, product strategists have an opportunity to help drive new business and assist the firm with achieving its commercial objectives. We are expanding our Product Strategy team in Budapest which serves as the innovation hub of the team's production of timely and effective marketing materials, product presentations and response to client inquiries.
Our team in Budapest covers BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group (PMG), which is made up of sub-teams: Fundamental Equities, Systematic investments, Fundamental Fixed Income, and Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions. We provide coverage across a multitude of asset classes and investment styles globally over BlackRock's Active Investments Platform: Budapest-based strategists are working directly with one or more investment teams across locations such as London, New York, San Francisco and Hong Kong. ROLE PROFILE Key Responsibilities:
You should have:
- Prepare and maintain portfolio review decks, ensuring these meet compliance practices
- Build and support recurring reporting templates using BlackRock technology
- Update/draft RFPs and RFIs
- Gather and report flows and performance
- Maintain product pitchbooks and other standard client collateral such as factsheets, updating central content libraries where necessary
- Closely follow global markets and be up to date on events and movements
- Help enhance existing processes with new ideas/automation and developing best practices across the global Product Strategy platform
- Liaise with Portfolio Management and other Product Strategy teams
- Perform analyses to help position funds/strategies
- Assist with ad hoc requests (e.g. performance analytics / attribution, bespoke reporting)
- Build and maintain database reports (Morningstar, eVestment, FactSet)
- Desire to learn about the investment management industry
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other major European languages are a plus
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint to manipulate data and create appealing slides for clients/investors; experience with Tableau is a plus
- Ability to understand and utilise Python, VBA or other code or a willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency around deadlines and an ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively combine outputs from different sources of technology/systems
- A desire to pursue CFA, FRM and/or CAIA is welcome
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.