Your role will involve various apsect but two prominent dities will be Sourcing and Execution and Monitoring and Exit.
Sourcing and Execution:
• Generates deal flow and investment ideas considering all relevant macro and industry trends in accordance with the Department’s investment mandate. Carries out regular research and information gathering in assigned investment field to ascertain and build up data on potential investments and activities. Reviews and analyzes investment information and financial briefs, financial and investment periodicals. Utilizes a network of industry contacts to obtain relevant information on potential investment opportunities.
• Participates in the evaluation of new investments which includes receiving and reviewing offers for participation in new investment opportunities. Reviews various aspects of particular investments, including financial models that simulate and test projections.
• Assesses the climate of the sector and country of the potential investment, reviews information from respected sources and obtains any required additional information.
• Leads the due diligence process to identify the critical factors that may raise potential issues within an investment. This includes demonstrating a sound understanding of relevant operational and administrative practices.
• Leads the preparation of well-researched internal investment recommendations as well as internal monitoring documents such as company updates, company dashboards and meeting notes.
• Demonstrates sound understanding of the different asset classes in private equity, including knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory and understanding of risk/return attributes. Identifies different risk/return attributes to PE and the main elements to construct a well-diversified Venture Capital portfolio.
• Builds and manages a network of relationships with key Venture Capitalists in the market that serve to generate deal flow, market intelligence, building of databases of latest pricings, etc.
• Proactively identifies, plans and executes upon long-term attractive investment opportunities.
Monitoring & Exit:
• Monitors performance of underlying investments through return analysis and performance attribution of different investments and portfolios against established benchmarks and stated expectations in timely, accurate and comprehensive manner as well as, where appropriate, planning, recommending and executing exits.
• Ensures all legal documentation pertaining to investments are adhered to by counterparties including liaising with the Legal Unit.
• Ensures appropriate valuation methods are employed to price the different financial securities and instruments.
• Participates in managing the manager and board level relationships relating to the portfolio, including where appropriate planning for exit/secondary transactions.
• Supports the Head of VC investing in managing external fund managers within a complex risk and return framework.
• Participates in internal and external meetings with fund managers and senior management teams as required.
• Proactively shares knowledge and supports the development of less experienced colleagues (incl. Trainees, Interns etc.).
• Carries out other similar or related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following:
University Degree from a prominent University for example UK Red Brick (Oxford, LSE, Edinburgh) or US Ivy League (Harvard, Stanford etc)
5 - 8 years of experience (1-2 years IB and 4-6 years PE expereince with a global mandate
We obviously expect you to have proven financial modelling skills with strong numeric, qualitative and quantitative skills to support due diligence processes and investment recommendations.
• Strong network and relationships within the financial and investment industry.
• In-depth understanding of the Private Equity and Venture Capital markets from a global perspective.
• Strong commercial/business judgement.
• Strong grasp of capital structures and financial engineering.
• Knowledge of accounting practices, corporate governance rules, corporate strategy and investment valuations.
• Advanced statistics.
• Good understanding of all macro-economic statistics and interaction with sectors and firms.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills in English as all team members need to clearly document their recommendations.
Top selling points that you should be attracted by:
Our client has already left a global footprint in private equity and is regarded as one of the best Venture portfolios in the world. This role will give the successful candidate unparalleled exposure to Venture Capital investing on a global basis
Our client not only invests in Quality deals but is exposed to a high quantity of deal flow year on year
There is a great team dynamic: entrepreneurial, flat hierarchy, collegiate team spirit