Senior Technical Support Specialist / VIP Support - Investment Banking
- 30k + various benefits
- Abu Dhabi, VAE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Aston Carter
- 24 Apr 19
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Specialist to join one of the world's largest and most prestigious financial institutions in their Abu Dhabi office. The ideal candidate will be of high calibre with excellent communication, good academics from tier-one university and positive work ethos, top-tier global investment bank background, with added experience working in a multi-cultural setting. The incumbent will serve as the primary point of contact providing both 1st and 2nd line support for internal and external IT clients and end-users, offering resolution to various application, hardware and software problems in person and remotely.
- Provides phone support via a call centre service.
- Initiates the procedure for handling incidents including recording the details of the incident symptoms, diagnosis and information about the affected Configuration Item (CI).
- Interfaces effectively with users to ensure that all diagnostic information is logged for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises on known solutions, where applicable providing information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities, etc.
- Contributes to the maintenance of incident records throughout the incident life cycle.
- Supports the investigation of incidents, documenting technical issues, solutions and support information.
- Provides support for the processing of user requests for products or services.
- Provides support for the deployment of IT project work which affects the end user.
- Provides information and / or training to end users regarding the effective use of products and services.
- Owns unresolved incidents and ensures escalation to field engineers, subject matter experts or appropriate service owners.
- Installs and commissions new products or services and facilitates their upgrades.
- Helps to maintain and update contingency plans by using IT security risk analysis methods, tools and techniques to identify potential exposures to information systems e.g. single points of failure, lack of effective countermeasures or lack of tested, up-to-date recovery plans.
- Takes responsibility for multiple concurrent issues, prioritising and triaging tasks.
- Works in a team-oriented manner, assisting other team members on an as-needed basis and with field work as required.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via the phone and through other electronic media.
- Creates and shares knowledge with peers using the dedicated knowledge solution.
- 8+ years experience working in a similar role within a top-tier global invesment bank or financial institution
- Knowledgeable on end point and infrastructure technologies (e.g. MS Office, Skype-for-Business, Windows, Exchange, SharePoint), Market data software (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Thomson Reuters), mobile technologies (e.g. Android, iPhone, iPad, MobileIron), voice over IP technologies (e.g.: Skype, Yealink or Cisco phones).
- Experience supporting audio visual technologies and conferencing.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, networking and software fundamentals with solid troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to clearly articulate technical issues and activities to both technical and non-technical staff of various nationalities and cultures.
- Strong relationship management approach with good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong ownership and demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Active listening techniques to understand and interpret client issues.
- Initiative and desire to maintain exposure across multiple technology disciplines.
- Strong team skills whilst able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong production ethic and customer orientation.
- IT production support experience within a financial services environment is desirable.
- Industry certification such as ITIL is an asset, as is experience using enterprise-wide ITSM toolsets.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
While the bar is set very high, the company do offer a very generous compensation, benefits and relocation package for the right candidate, as well as the opportunity to work for one of the world's most prestigious financial institutions.
If this sounds like you, please apply now!