We are currently looking for chemical industry professionals to join our Chemical consulting team in Dubai. You'll get to work with multiple project managers, Directors and other Consultants to support the execution of project engagements across a wide-spectrum of potential activities. What will you be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Maintaining general knowledge of the petrochemical market for interaction with project managers and occasionally, clients
- Supporting, as part of a team and independently, the execution of project proposals requested by clients
- Using clear communications skills and analytical creativity to determine and develop deliverables that best serves client needs and budget
- Be an expert in building and using models to satisfy unique project requests
- Understanding, using, improving and developing competitive assessment tools and economic modeling tools. Actively pursuing and developing unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS Markit's existing and potential clients. Executing or supporting execution of projects using these tools and other unique analytical approaches
- Maintaining a fundamental working knowledge of the basic IHS Markit databases and tools (Supply/Demand, Global Pricing System, Capacity Data Base and Trade Grids)
- Preparing written reports or presentations following IHS Markit standards. Summarising project information for clear presentation of results and conclusions to clients. Interfacing with the client if necessary, in the presentation of the final results
- Ensuring consistency of complex model assumptions with econometric model assumptions where appropriate
- Supporting maintenance and improvement of financial and economic models. Developing and improving cash flow models used for financial analysis. Using financial and economic models to support valuation analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred, MBA a strong plus
- 10+ years industry experience preferably from consulting, corporate strategy and/or business development
- A conceptual understanding of the chemicals business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to manage complex analytically-based tasks simultaneously while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Suite, especially Excel including ability to write and debug macros
- Ability to effectively interface at multiple levels within a client's organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in an international environment
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with internal teams, resources and knowledge base at all levels
- Can work on projects independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel (Including international travel)
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.